Monday, November 05, 2007

Avocado Face


I know this looks a lot like the bowl of guacamole on the Chili's starters menu, but it's really Allie's face covered in smashed avocados. That's why you don't see any chips.


Allie is teething and refused to eat today. That's not helpful when she is supposed to be putting on weight. One of you emailed me one time when I wrote about her need to pack on some pounds and suggested we feed her avocado. I love avocados. But the charming and beautiful Susan doesn't. That's her only shortcoming. But there's a weird truth we all seem to live by; we think that whatever we don't like, nobody should like. I, of course, thought Allie would love avocado. But my wife had her doubts. Allie is hard to please when it comes to the eating department. But Allie surprised us all (not me) and chowed down that green fruit of the gods.


That bit of avocado was the only solid food Allie ate today. Except some cookie. Nothing beats a cookie.


The poor kid is teething and that's part of her finickiness problem. But the good news is that Charlene Nurse Superior weighed Allie today and she had gained 8 ounces today. That's cool because she's been losing weight over the past month. And Charlene Nurse Superior was none too happy 'bout that. But today, Allie is back on track.

Thanks to all of you that were praying.

By the way, that's not the charming and beautiful Susan's hairy hand. Her hands are delicate and dainty.

3 comments:

Mary Gerber said...

aww she's so cute! (mary gerber here) When Justice was teething I swear he would go for sometimes more than 48 hrs without eating while I obsessed over him possibly being the first child to die of hunger in america lol, Anyway here are my teething tips They make this baby safe feeder- that's like a net that screws onto a rattle type holder. http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6356&parentCategoryId=85181&categoryId=85206 If you put FROZEN grapes or banana slices in there she may teeth on it and eat at the same time. Also ice cream worked wonders. Think about it, when your mouth hurts of course you don't want to eat because it makes everything hurt more. Ice cream helps to temporarily numb the area. You could probably use frozen yogurt for a more healthy alternative too. btw- your whole family has been in my prayers for a couple of months now.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Ali, is progressing. Your whole family is in my prayers. She is so beatiful even covered with Avacado. AS Nehimah wrote I am doing a great work and I can't come down, that's you and Susan. Love Trina Hamlin

Camille Cotè said...

These pictures make me want to go back to Eureeka and stock her for the rest of her life. One day she will be well enough for you guys to come visit me so you have no excuse. I will be waiting.
lots of love,
Camille