Sunday, May 20, 2007

Old Tricks

Ali peed on the charming and beautiful Susan's bed during a diaper change. That was fun--at least for me. It wasn't my bed--I'm staying in a hotel.

Ali did great this weekend. A G.I. tube was inserted directly into her stomach. She started taking a pacifier and her sucking reflex has progressed beyond expectations (Ali has been fueding with her speech therapist). I walked with her quite a bit in the hallway. And she is squawking and talking to us. Even now, Ali is lodging a protest with her grandmother about something that's making her uncomfortable.

The next few days will be busy for the beautiful and charming Susan. She'll be taught how to feed, burp, and give Ali her medicine through the G.I. tube. So, realistically, Ali could be discharged this week. We're just waiting for some custody paperwork to go through and for a couple of relatively small medical decisions to be made.

We'll be taking Ali to my sister's house up in Humboldt County this week, possibly. We'll have to see. Please continue to pray for us as we work through the logistics of this move and get things ready for the next stage of Ali's recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryon and family,
Just wanted you to know that we are still praying here in Texas. Little Ali's pictures are so sweet...thanks for sharing!

One question: I have read where she is progressing everyday in her motor functions, etc...but just was wondering what the overall prognosis looks like? Is there any brain damage or long term issues that have been identified?

Hope you don't mind my question. I was just hoping to know how to focus the prayers for her.

It is obvious that God is cradling her in His arms right now as she heals. Praise the Lord for His beautiful gift in little Ali!

Many blessings,

Julie in Texas